of the Lind Family Funeral and Cremation
The Lind Family Funeral and Cremation Service traces its roots
to funeral service in the Parkers Prairie and Miltona areas that
was begun over 100 years ago. In 1892 Charles Grengnagle, the first
licensed mortician in the state of Minnesota, and his wife Nellie
established a furniture store and undertaking business in Parkers
Prairie. In 1938 Pete Hammes bought the business and provided
ambulance and funeral service until 1940 when Oscar Palmquist took
over the operation. In 1965 Robert and Dottie LaMere succeeded Mr.
Palmquist and discontinued the ambulance service in 1972 when a
local ambulance service was founded. The LaMere's continued to
service the funeral needs of Parkers Prairie area until 1992 when
Ron and Kris Marham bought the business. The Markhams added a
funeral chapel in Miltona in 1999, providing expanded service to
the lakes community.
In 2004 Curt and Barb Lind, both licensed funeral directors and
graduates of the University of Minnesota, took over ownership.
Since that time they have remodeled and redecorated both funeral
chapels to ensure a warm, comfortable and homelike atmospheres for
the families they serve. The Linds pride themselves in being able
to carry on the professional and compassionate traditions
established by their predecessors.